Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Savannah Has Arrived!!

Savannah has arrived. We have had a crazy week. Wednesday we had a false alarm which was sad but as the nurse said we got some of the paperwork done and out of the way:-) Thursday I had a follow up appointment with my doctor and nothing had changed. On Friday, Matt worked from home and I really didn't think anything was going to happen ever (I thought I may be pregnant forever), but at 5:30 pm I starting having some not so pleasant contractions. I wanted to make sure that this was the real thing so I waited until 8:00pm to call the doctor. By that time it was clear that it was real. We arrived at the hospital around 9:15pm and I was 3cm dilated. At 11:00pm, I got the best gift on earth an epidural:-) Roger, the anesthesiologist, is now my new best friend:-). At 12:15am, I was 8cm and then around 1:30 am I was ready to go. We thought that this was going to be a fast delivery but as many of you know babies have other plans. I pushed for nearly 2 hours and had to have some assistance then she arrived at 3:23 am. She had a good set of lungs. She was very alert and beautiful--although we may be biased. Now we are all doing well. Matt and I are tired but I think that is to be expected. We will be bonding with Savannah/trying to get some rest and post when we can. So keep checking to see and read more about our beautiful Savannah...
http://picasaweb.google.com/jeri.purdy/SavannahArrives?authkey=8DSnE8CtcOI#

No comments:

Blog Archive